Event Event

Clean!

However I think the piano is a bit too clean, great effort otherwise.

SomeGuyInSomePlace responds:

Thanks for the review. I'll pile more reverb on the piano as soon as I get the chance.
Maybe a low-pass filter, too.

:o

Veni Sancte Spiritus Veni Sancte Spiritus

The voices still sound weird, I'd like to take a look at it if you let me. There's something bugging me in there, it's like if you just put a high-pass filter in there, it feels a little bit wrong.

As always, brilliant.

Troisnyx responds:

And NG didn't even tell me there was an audio review! D:

I think you're quite right to point that out -- Step himself, when judging my NGAPTAC submission, noted that he has the *exact same mic* as I do, and to bring out the vocal presence, it almost always sounds like a high-pass filter has been put through that thing. What I do know is this: on Audacity, I tried to avert the problem by boosting the bass frequencies on all voice tracks, and then bouncing the tracks on FL and EQing them accordingly.

If you'd like the FLP with the sounds in them, I'll be glad to pass them to you -- please, please do take a look. Thanks for listening! x

Mater Infinitum (Demo V3) Mater Infinitum (Demo V3)

Sweet preview, it's already awesome, and yet there's still a lot of work to do :P

But of course, we can't just ignore Ultima Eternus when we hear that, both pieces are so alike. That said, I'd like to remind one solid thing about UE which isn't appearing in this preview, it's how you played with the themes. Now, I completely understand that this is only a 10 minutes preview, and I wouldn't be surprised at all that you already knew that, but the way you reintroduced previous theme with subtle difference, or other times with completely different intensity was astounding, to such an extant that when I was listening to it, I was literally in a "Wtf, I can't understand how awesome it is" state. I knew that it was awesome, and some part seemed familiar, but I couldn't say why. Maybe the length of the whole piece amplified the feeling. But in any case, whatever direction you will go, I am absolutely sure it will be epic.

Producing something at par with Ultima Eternus is a lot of work, and well... this preview alone assures me that we will not be deceived! That must be a hefty work load, and I applause your engagement. I would never be able to do that in my entire life, you have talent. Don't give up!

Lashmush responds:

There will be a recurring theme in this as well, presented in many incarnations throughout the whole.

Thanks very much for your review. c:

Terre des Hommes Libres Terre des Hommes Libres

Haha! Really nice, was looking forward to it! Way better with a good mic!

However I feel like the voice has a little bit too much mids, I suggest you trim it down with an EQ in a v-like position.

Everything else was astounding. Respect.

Troisnyx responds:

By V you mean V pointing downward in the lower mid frequencies?
At any rate, thank you so much for listening... and for suggesting that mic! :D

Frozen Fire Frozen Fire

You are a genius.

Spy and Medic - Magic Spy and Medic - Magic

Nice! Improving!

BowserThedestructive responds:

Thanks it started out as a new track, then I was like I can now make use of TF2 sound samples thanks to a program which lets me extract stuff from steam games. Then the song became the background for the sound samples I made a story out of along the way making the song the basis of the sound samples so light and well the way it turned out.

Hartmann's Youkai Girl Hartmann's Youkai Girl

Ah, Touhou. I like!

Boss Battle Royal Boss Battle Royal

Yeah, good. Can't say I disliked.

Dorian Dorian

I approve, but your "warping" chord (ex. 0:18-0:19) was not the best choice. everything else was great!

Sorrows Mentality Sorrows Mentality

Chaotic as usual, but the sounds are good.